Chennai Storytelling Festival 2016
(Fri 5 to Sun 14 Feb)
Highlights of the Festival include,
At Dr MGR-Janaki College (in R A Puram) --
* A day of free Storytelling Workshops for College Students, on Fri 12 Feb. Info is here.
* 2 days of Storytelling Workshops for Adults, on Sat 13 and Sun 14 Feb. Info is here.
* 5 evenings of Storytelling Performances! 7 Storytellers each evening! Info is here.
(The final 3 evenings would occur at Dr MGR-Janaki College on Fri 12, Sat 13, and Sun 14 Feb, at 4:30pm each day.)
* Please click here for info about -- and a link to a recording of -- the Festival's videoconference discussion about "Ways Storytelling can be a form of Communication, and the Storytelling Revival today" (Tues 9 Feb).
* Media coverage of CSF 2016.
CSF 2016 is the 4th annual Chennai Storytelling Festival.
The Festival Guest Co-host this year is Ms Ruth Stotter.
The themes of this edition of the Festival are:
Storytelling for Communication -- between Cultures, between People, and within People. Including topics such as: Travel. Tourism. Translation. "Journey" and "Path" as metaphors for life. Visiting other lands and worlds. Discovery and Exploration of the other, and of the self.
The Big Rain of Nov/Dec 2015.
Info about recommended hotels -- with the possibility of sharing rooms -- is here.
For additional Festival-related info, and to register for events:
(Chennai) 98403 94282
Documentation of the first 3 editions of the Festival -- CSF 2013, 2014, and 2015 -- is here.